Not to be confused with an accredited coaching course which takes 2-3 years dependent on the organisation to complete or hiring an individual coaching for 1:1 work. This short course focuses on some of the key skills useful in a line management or a supervisory situation.
Create unique goals that are compelling and expansive to manage you teams. More and more (see some of the quotes below) coaching skills are becoming an essential part of any manager’s toolkit.
This course is about developing an awareness of your team to get the very best from them and understanding that they all need something slightly different in order to succeed and move forward.
Be great, be admired and inspire!
Some wonderful quotes on Business Coaching
"Many of the World's most admired corporations, from GE to Goldman Sachs, invest in coaching. Annual spending on coaching in the US is estimated at roughly $1 Billion Dollars."
Harvard Business Review
"Employers are shocked at how high their ROI numbers are for coaching."
Alastair Robertson, Manager of worldwide leadership development, Accenture
"We have done lots of research over the past three years, and we have found that leaders who have the best coaching skills have better business results."
Tanya Clemens, V.P. of Global Executive & Organizational Development at IBM
Suggested Workshop Outcomes
- Develop awareness of the your communication style and see how that applies to coaching
- Explore a variety of essential coaching skills that are pragmatic and instantly useable
- Explore the detailed dynamics of interpersonal communication that relate to coaching
- Develop strategies to help motivate your teams and build buy-in to new goals
- Develop key stretch-goal techniques that are inspiring and move projects forward
- Explore the confidentiality and interpersonal role of the workplace coach
*Evidence Based intervention
Tips and Advice on Coaching
Some good tips
The ‘Dummies’ people
Forbes viewpoint on Coaching